Before Using New Products
We realize that you are shopping with us because we are a safe place for people with skin conditions. Please keep in mind that while we have researched and vetted all these products, everyone is different and there is no licensed medical or health professional on staff at Atypical Beauty. All our recommendations come either directly from the manufacturer, brand or based on the personal experience of one of our employees or focus group members. To ensure your safety please follow the guidelines below before using any new products on your skin.
- Before using any product, test by trying on a tiny amount of it on skin (many of our brands omit allergens, but you or baby may be sensitive to an ingredient that isn't an allergen or not be aware of your sensitivity).
- Introduce new products one at a time, with at least 3 days in between to make sure you are not allergic.
- Do not store in extreme temperatures, or in direct sunlight.
- Many products have a shelf-life, consult the brand website or the product container for specific guidelines.
- As with all things baby, consult your pediatrician.
- As with all things maternity, consult your OB-GYN.
- As with all things skin, consult your dermatologist.
- DURING ACTIVE FLARE-UPS: Some products are indicated for the management + conjunctive care of skin conditions such as atopic / seborrheic / contact dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and other skin concerns. BUT, as skin can be irritated even by just plain water during flare ups, do not use this or any product on skin during an active flare-up: consult your dermatologist or wait until the flare-up subsides.
- Stop use + consult your doctor in the unlikely event of discomfort or sensitivity.
- If contact with eyes occurs, flush out with plenty of water.
- Keep all products out of reach of children. While the products we carry are safe for their respective intended use, ingesting large amounts of some products - as unattended children may do - is potentially harmful. If this happens, get medical help right away.
Terms of Service + Disclosure
By purchasing from Atypical Beauty, you agree that you understand the recommendations for use with any skin conditions or concerns is not being made by a licensed health professional. Atypical Beauty highly recommends you discuss any changes to your skin routine with your physician. Everyone is different and though we do our best to vet our products thoroughly for safety and effectiveness, we are not responsible for any adverse effects these products may have. Please consult a physician in the unlikely event of discomfort or sensitivity to any product purchased from Atypical Beauty.